We're now accepting applications for the LiveBright Scholarship program and want to hear from ambitious and driven students. LiveBright Scholarships are awarded to students who excel in academics, demonstrate leadership in their communities and understand the importance of financial literacy.
Five students will receive a one-time scholarship worth $2,000.
How do I apply?
- Get creative! What’s your best advice when it comes to managing your money? Tell us in 500 words or less. We also encourage a one-minute video explaining your insights (this is optional).
- Fill out the application form. Attach your essay, optional video and current complete transcript(s) using the “add attachment” feature in the fillable application form. (For an optimal experience, please use Internet Explorer.)
- Click submit within the application form to generate an email and hit send.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must be:
- Residents of Canada between the ages of 16 to 25 or entering first year.
- High school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll or students enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational technical school or equivalent post-secondary school for the entire upcoming academic year.
- If the applicant is less than 18 years of age at the time of their application, a parent or legal guardian must sign on their behalf.
- Children of Sun Life employees, field management, or financial advisors are not eligible to apply.
Scholarships are awarded based on:
- Leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Past academic performance
- Work experience
- Desire to pursue a career in business, the investment industry, or financial planning
- Other awards or accolades
When is the deadline?
The deadline to submit completed applications is 11:59 p.m. EST on Aug 10, 2020.
Read the full terms and conditions
We thank all students for applying but given the volume of applications, only the winners will be contacted. We hope to hear from you and good luck.
Congratulations to our 2019 LiveBright Scholarship winners!
These students excel in academics and exemplify true leadership within their communities. The importance of financial literacy is ingrained in their daily activities.